Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Monday, July 22, 2013

Mother Knows

Lately, I can't help but think back about Mack as a little boy. He was the sweetest baby and turned into a ball of fire. When I think back, I remember many times I questioned his health. 

Once, I brought him to the doctor because I thought I found a lump on his chest. It was nothing and my nerves were calmed. Then there was a time he had a questionable rash. He had blood work done-for leukemia! That was also a high intensity day, full of emotion. Again, everything was fine.

Was this God's way of making sure I had a close eye on him? Did he know? I feel really strong about this. There was something deep inside me that had a feeling. A feeling only I could feel as Mack's mother. A feeling I couldn't shake. How is that possible?

 I don't have anger about Mack's health because I know God is just as angry about Mack! I now know he would never do this to Mack. I also know he has been by my side. Making sure we had incredible people in our lives. Making sure I always went with my gut feeling.

Now Mark asks, "what does your gut tell you-it's been right in every situation so far." 

When everything started and we had no answers, I knew it wasn't over! I knew we had something far bigger to encounter!

It's weird to think about this. I knew Mack was going to be sick. Deep down I knew! Parents know! My words of advice to anyone going through this, always go with that deep down gut feeling. So far, it's kept our little boy alive and on the mend. There will always be the what if's-what if I didn't call our nurse that morning? What if we didn't go to St. Louis? What if I ignored the bruising? Nope, now I thank God for guiding me in the right direction. It's easy if you listen to HIM!



No comments:

Post a Comment