Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Ugg! Another Day and More to come

Our lives will be on hold for a little longer. Mack is doing alright...

He is dependent on platelet transfusions right now. He went from 24,000 to 2,000 in 24 hours. He's on so many different kinds of medicine to help with all different things. One is steroids and they're making his blood pressure high which leads to more medicine to get it down. He is still in a lot of pain and aches everywhere. His body is trying to heal so he sleeps a lot, but is still a two year not able to understand everything. this makes him a bit grouchy-and he has every right to be.

Mark made it back Friday morning after the storm, but it looks like the next one is on its way! My parents (reluctantly) left this morning for Mexico. We asked our nanny to come and help as well. Mark's parents are also here helping. We need all hands on deck! Which is why our friend Meagan has volunteered to SPEND the night with him... Mark and I refused multiple times, but in the end we need some rest...together. Meagan is a doctor and works in the NICU-she is over qualified and we are blessed to have her do this. Brian, her husband, needs a shoot out too- he is helping and brought her into our lives:). I think Mack will do great with these special people!!

Overall, we are just trying to balance our time with the other two. Mack desperately needs us, but so do Avery and Lincoln. I took the whole morning to be with them and then Mark and I took Avery on a pizza date. She loved the one on one attention!

Continue to pray for Macklin. We hope to get out of here sometime next week, but I might be wrong...









No comments:

Post a Comment