Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Monday, February 18, 2013

And We're Back

It was too much of a good thing. Life outside the hospital was great! Being a family was great!

But it was too much of a good thing...

Sunday morning Mark got up with the boys while Avery and I snuggled in bed. Then the door opened and Mark said Mack was falling asleep on the couch (which is not like him in the morning) and threw up. I sprang into action like a crazy person! Mark called the doctors and I got him cleaned up. Sweet Avery played with Lincoln for us.

The doctors said to take him to the emergency room. Mark took off and his parents came over to help. They got him in right away and learned his platelets were down to 4,000...

The entire time they were on the phone with his doctors, but we knew it was bad and they would be moving him to St. Louis. His blood pressure was VERY low! Mark said he was very lethargic and not himself.

While at home I got the other two ready..and the house ready because once again we didn't know how long we were going to be gone. Family stepped in again after we left to get things finished!

They air lifted Mack at about 2:00 yesterday afternoon. Mark's mom drove myself and the kids. I thought Mark would be with him-I was wrong! No parents could fly! No parent could fly with a terrified little two year old! No-instead a parent had to put their terrified two year old in a helicopter and say I'll see you in two hours.

At this point we were pretty close, but I called my dad and he ran to make sure someone was there to meet him. I made it there to meet my dad just in time.

We were walking back to see him and about six nurses stopped us to tell us how cute he was-thank you, but where is my baby? Sure enough we found him in a room in a crib just sitting there like a zombie.

He has received antibiotics and we wait for blood cultures to come back. If they're negative then we go home in 48 hours. If not then we stay to treat it.

We are waiting to move out of the icu right now.

It looks like this is our life for a while! We have to except it!! For now he continues to be spoiled...papa just showed up!!













No comments:

Post a Comment