Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Well...we are still in the hospital-going on day 5! This has been a long stretch and it looks like we have a few more days.

Mack is doing as good as he can- this has been all we can say about the man. He's in a lot of pain, but has a morphine drip. The last few days have been bad! It's similar to the flu. So, his body hurts and he hasn't eaten or drank in a while.

My mom stayed with him last night and he was wonderful for her-of course. Our friend Meagan (who is a blessing) suggested we start letting other people stay with him so we can rest. That is a hard thing to do, but if we're going to do this often, then I see why we should.

Mark had to go back to Columbia for work, but we are fully covered! Both moms are helping and Avery is going to spend the snow day with her cousins. My cousin Katie came up to bring dinner last night-what a treat!!

I'm here with him now and I hope to snuggle while we watch the storm come in! My hope is we get out this weekend. We did have to postpone Lincoln's first birthday party-it breaks my heart, but we will have it in March some time.

One positive yesterday was if he needs a transplant there are multiple matches!! So we have a backup plan in place!!

Below are pictures of Mack at the hospital. Avery spent the whole day with Nanny at the science center-these are the pictures sent to me. And I just realized I have nothing but movies on Lincoln! He's changing so much and I'm missing it, so there has been movies of him working on his walking skills.









No comments:

Post a Comment