Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sunday, February 10th

Today is our third full day of being in the hospital.

I went home last night to be with Avery and Lincoln. They are doing great this time around and I think it's because we are making sure one of us are with them more often.  That and Avery is going on almost 24 hours with her two older cousins! I got to have a sleep over with Avery and my oldest niece- itwas so sweet and I kept thinking how lucky I was to have that time.

When I got back to the hospital this afternoon Mack was in good spirits. He finally got a bath! It must have helped him feel better because he asked for a nap. He got his Benadryl a little early to help with that as well.  After his first treatment, he spiked a high fever and got a rash (all side effects of the medicine). They told us it was probably going to get worse yesterday, but it didn't and he got some sleep last night.

He will start his third round very soon and because his didn't have the side effects, they are speeding it up to four hours today-yeah! If everything goes well, he will be done tomorrow and we can leave Tuesday. Our hope is to head to our home on Wednesday so we can all be in our own beds. I am thrilled because I love Valentine's Day!!!! Oh and of course my birthday on the weekend.

I know it's going to be rough, but I'm finally feeling hope and allowing myself to feel like we are closer to an end. I've been pretty negative through this, but I think it was God's presence telling me it wasn't over...now I think he's letting us know Mack is FINIALLY going to get a break!!! This kid is due!

1 comment:

  1. Even though I know at times it has been hard for you to to write all this out, I think it is great that you are able to, and will have this all documented so you can look back one day and remember what a strong, wonderful you family you have! I hope things are on the up and up FOR GOOD this time, and that your sweet boy finally gets the break he deserves!
    Happy Valentines week to you all!

    ReplyDelete