Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Running and Cards!


This past weekend came very fast for Mark and I.  We built up this race so much in our heads and were pretty nervous-it was due to lack of training.  Sure, we (I) were running, but I hadn't got myself to a comfortable pace and hadn't done a full 3 miles.  We woke up with a burst of energy and I was excited.
Having three kids in three years doesn't leave us with a lot of alone time-running is our thing we really enjoy doing together.

My brother (who runs much more than us) joined us and pushed us hard.




There were 14,000 people!  I felt such emotion with all these people out to run together!  I don't know why we were worrying so much because we rocked it and even did better than the last time.


This was a fun race.  There were points during the race that people threw chalk on you.  It felt good and I'm ready for some more races.  I am even going to try for a 10K next!

When we got home we tried to have quiet time because we were taking them to a Cardinal baseball game...they were having too much fun with their cousins to sleep.  So we headed down to the Cardinal stadium.






It was bat day so we had to get there early-they gave kids under 13 real wooden bats!
Avery was in heaven with all the food.  A little girl next to her shared cotten candy!

Mack only made it to the bottom of the first inning!




We had fun playing with my phone.

The weather was not nice so we had to leave in the 5th inning.  But as we were walking back home a fire truck was pulling into the fire station (one of the oldest in the city) and the nice men invited us in.



They were pretty tired so it didn't last long, but it was really fun to see.



Our night ended with more time with cousins and pizza.  I love our kids get to see them so often even though we live 2 hours away from each other. 


It was a BUSY weekend.  We raced around the city and went to my favorite place-Busch Stadium!  Thank goodness our little man gets to be a part of all these fun things that have been in our minds while we were in the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment