Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Good Times with a Great Friend

Having Fridays off this year has been wonderful and gives me a chance to catch up with great friends. This Friday we picked up Subway and headed to Stephens Lake. It is my favorite place in Columbia-I take the kids there almost everyday. We can walk, have picnics, play in the sand and now go down the big slide. Avery has become an expert at going up and down the slide-thank goodness because Mack wants to do it too and that takes a lot of attention. Avery can go down the slide about 2 times before Mack and I even get up there!
This Friday we met up with a great friend and her beautiful baby girl. Avery was excited to see a real baby. We got there early so they played in the sand...

This is very entertaining and they get nice a dirty!Then we ate our lunch. It took Avery a while to notice Eleanor, but then she enjoyed looking at her.Mack was content with his food and drink (probably a good thing since I have seen what he does to his baby cousin).Then we got to walk! We only made it one and half times around because it was nap time, but it was nice to catch up and walk off some of the ice cream I have been eating again:)
It was a good time with a great friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment