Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Little Boys and Their Dads

After raising a little girl and seeing her connection with her daddy, I am observing the connection between my little boy and his daddy. There is nothing about Mack that isn't boy! Everything he does (head butts, bangs, has NO FEAR, eats anything-including things outside and is so rough:)) is all boy! Mark is such an amazing dad to both my little ones and always gives them special attention-I couldn't be luckier! He comes home early from work to be with them and tries to spend every second he has with them. Even when there is work to be done around the house, he has them with him! It has been nice lately because I have been a little tired! Avery and I have something special and of course I have my own special connection with Mack, but Mack LOVES everything Mark does-especially the outside "toys" we have. When Mark starts up the tractor I can't stop Mack from speeding towards him. He then gets in Mark's lap, places his hand on the lever and sits back to enjoy his ride. He ever wants it to end. So, can you imagine what happened when Mark brought the dump truck home? What little boy can say he has a real live dump truck? Here is what Mack thought about it:






I read somewhere, when you teach your son, you teach your son's son and don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy! I can say that Mack is one lucky boy to have a dad that will teach him so much and truly respects/loves him.

No comments:

Post a Comment