Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Friday, September 30, 2011

Because Two People Fell in Love

We are very blessed to be surrounded by people happy in love! Mark's parents are coming up on 38 years, my brother and sister-in-law just had their 10 year, and my parents celebrated their 40th year of marriage. It is hard to imagine being married that long when you are only coming up on 4 years, but I can see how fast time goes by when life is constantly changing and you are living life having fun!

This past weekend Mark, my brothers, sister-in-law and myself threw my parents a well deserved party. We celebrated when we were in Italy, but this gave us a chance to show our appreciation for them with friends and family. We wanted them to see how wonderful they are and how much we truly look up to them. We have learned, "a good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love." This was easy to see by going through their photos and remembering events-we were reminded how they have gone through many years of change and have stayed united!

Mark spent a lot of time making 40 out of Christmas lights-right up his ally!


Emotions were high after we showed a wonderful video beginning with pictures of Great Grandparents.
Speeches were given by all...of course Grandpa Ralph made everyone cry!
It was great to see all our family there! We also had very close friends and it was a FULL house!
Cheers to you Mom and Dad and to many more wonderful years of marriage! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment