Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Lou!

On Thursday my mom came to watch my kids because I had parent teacher conferences (so glad that is over) and I don't normally work on Fridays-so no daycare! As soon as I was done we loaded the kids up and headed to The Lou. The Cardinals are in the playoffs (hopefully the World Series!) and Mark and I got to go to the game with my parents. My brother and sister-in-law watched our two kids plus their three! I am sure that was a lot of work, but it's nice to be able to take turns.
Some of the following pictures are from my phone, so they are not the best quality.
The Cardinals won and we had a such a great time together! It was nice to have this opportunity to be alone without kids.

I realized I wasn't taking any pictures. Here are a few before bed time last night. Mack is walking everywhere now.

During the day on Saturday we went shopping! Columbia doesn't have any good places to shop for kids shoes and Mack needed some good shoes to walk-we had been getting his feet into a 4 and little did we know he was sized for a size 6- double wide! Avery is a 6 1/2 and a year older. At least we know...
Then we went into Nordstroms because mommy needed some comfy Uggs for this winter and pregnancy:) Here is Avery walking through the store-she was a hit with all the makeup ladies! They tried to make her up, but it was a bit too much.
After a day of shopping we headed back for some naps. Then they had a sleep over together. It was so cute! They shared a room at my parents house-each were in their own pack and play. Listening to them talk and laugh was icing on the cake!
Today was what we really went to Stl for-Gretchen's baptism. It was great to see this special day and great to be back in the church Mark and I were married in. It was fun telling our minister we are coming up on four years of marriage and having our third child! He was proud:)

Avery wanted to walk with papa up and down the street.
Mack was truckin his way towards themOh and she also got these new boots!

Afterwards, we went to Forest Park (the second biggest park in the US) and enjoyed an event my parents were invited to in celebration of friends of the park. They had food, animals, and crafts.

baby bunnies were a hit! I love this picture of the two of them.
This was fun because she started to play with the other kids
Mack needed a break...this is where I found him-with papa.
My babies are exhausted! I don't think I have ever seen them so tired. It is 8:00 and I don't hear a peep! Thank you to our family for fun times and memories. Who knows-maybe we will be back for the World Series!
We shall see what this week brings...hopefully some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment