Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Making Friends

One of the great things about working part time, is I have Fridays off! I love these days because there is no interruption with my kids. We usually stay home and catch up, but the last few Fridays have been spent taking them to the park. It is a lot of work, but great to get out of the house!

Since they don't go to daycare they are not around many other kids. It's my job to make sure they are socialized. Little Gyms has really helped with this and they seem to be branching out a little. Last Friday we met some friends at the park and Avery made it very clear they were her friends not mommy's (I always say we are going to meet mommy's friends). She packed them snacks and made sure to have lots of toys for the sand box. It made me realize they will be fine when put in social situations-in fact, they probably will love getting away from each other time to time.  For right now I love getting them out there, but I love that they depend on each other!



No comments:

Post a Comment