Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Avery's Weekend Away

If you have ever been around me and my little girl, you would know she and I are very close.  She rarely lets me leave without crying before I walk out the door.  So when my parents wanted to take her to the lake for the weekend I was a little worried she wouldn't go. 

Since they took Mack for a night she has been telling me, "bye bye mommy, hello mum."  I thought she was all talk, but when I went to get her from her nap and told her mum and papa were almost here she said, "ME!!  ME GO!"  She then ran and got her bag.
She waited by the door with her bags.  When my mom got there she was ready to walk out the door.
Then she jumped in the car and said, "bye, bye mommy!"  Here I am taking pictures with tears in my eyes and she was ready to leave!
The pictures below are from my dad's phone.  She has never been so spoiled.  She had all their attention and even slept in their room.  She was one happy child!



She is reminding papa that there is No Hop Hop!

She got a new pool, swim suit, and toys!

This is her sending her love after coming home!

I met them this afternoon and she DID NOT want to come home.  It kind of made me sad, but I was also happy to see her be a little more independent.  What great memories she will have!  It was nice to have the boys alone all weekend (we were sort of bored), but we sure missed our little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment