Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Monday, July 25, 2011

You Know Someone is your Friend When...

You know someone is your friend when you haven't seen them in about three years and when you do everything picks up where you left!

Awww, so refreshing!
I have had the opportunity to see my best friends from my younger years: Robyn (from college) came to see me for my birthday, Avery and I just went to see Tara (from high school), and in August Nicole aka Pils (from high school) is coming here. It has been a great year to catch up and be reminded about what great people I have in my life.
I just wish I could have them all in the same place.
Don't get my wrong-I am lucky to have a best friend and many close friends here in my town, and thank goodness because I am not sure I could survive having them all live away:) Being away from the rest is one (of many) reasons why it is hard to get older.

Tonight, I sit here writing this post and think about how everything that has happened between my friendships has made our relationships closer-not that I am proud of everything we have gone through! I'm just amazed they still love me for who I am-crazy at times!

Here are pictures from our trip. After downloading the pictures I became frustrated at the LACK of pictures I took. I don't even have any with Tara and myself! Ugg! We were too busy with our little ones, but now I am so mad.

You know they are a friend when...

you're excited to see them

your babies act like they were best friends forever. They wanted to touch each other! Avery gave him many hugs that night

you don't have to do much to entertain each other. Going out to lunch was fun! They both enjoyed the lemons

you don't have to get dressed up to hang out. We spent a lot of time in our p.js or comfy clothes

you can go out to breakfast at 7:00 in the morning:) and be home by 8:30 (it was funny to me because Avery typically doesn't wake up until then!
you share everything! Tara made us feel so welcomed and Avery helped herself to whatever she wanted! She also got these new pink shoes.
We had a great trip and Avery loved having me to herself. I realized life was so easy with one child! Thank you Tara, Joe and Carter! You are amazing friends and I know you will always be in our lives. Next summer: The Lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment