Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Love and Marriage-Plus Kids

When you first get married life is carefree and you and your partner can go and do whatever you want. Then you are so excited to add little additions into your life and man are they the MOST precious/fun/amazing additions in the world. They also bring you and you partner closer together.
I will never forget watching an Oprah episode discussing the difference between loving your children and being in love with your husband. Now that we have kids it really makes more sense to me. If you are a parent you know what I am talking about! How hard is it to get consumed with your child and get into a routine? When you have two children it is even harder because you have one for each person (not to mention having more). It's easy to say you will take time for each other and get a babysitter or use family members. We have both of these, but a babysitter is so expensive and we never want to take advantage of family members-plus we love being with our kids.
Since we have been back from Italy life has been crazy. Mark has been working late and we have been on the go. This weekend since we had nothing planned we had thought about having a date night, but instead (to make it more affordable) we put the kids down and helped ourselves to ice cream (and maybe some popcorn) and put a movie in and snuggled on the couch. I don't have many pictures and Mark will probably not be happy with the two I am including (hahaha). I wanted to enjoy the night! I know it may seem silly to some people, but it meant a lot to us and made me remember I am in love with my husband! Today we are attempting the Cardinal's game and then the zoo tomorrow where I will be reminded (just like every second) that I love my children...there are many different kinds of love!

Serving up two different kinds of ice cream!
Have great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. SO TRUE! You are adorable - good to hear there are more people feeling what we feel :) Spending time as a couple is so important and the kids just make that love multiply!

    ReplyDelete