Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Friday, July 15, 2011

Happier Days

My last post was pretty heavy and I felt weird about putting so much emotion out there, but it is nice to write it all out and express what has been bottled up. Since my mom left we have been taking it easy. Miss Mallory came over on Wednesday so I could work upstairs and organizes the mass of clothes my children have consumed. I was not ready to leave Avery at that time, but on Thursday I did leave the house to run a few errands and it was a mess. It was like I was forcing myself to be away for a little while-the whole time I was crying and had so much fear that something would happen. I came home as soon as I realized it was silly to be away! Today (Friday) I took Avery to the library and we met up with cousin Cohan and Aunt Heidi as well as other friends. I was so happy to see her light up when we were there. She was happy and dancing around! She really wanted to give love to Cohan, but he wasn't having it-that didn't stop her. It felt good! When we came home we changed and went to meet up with the twins and their mom to swim at their pool. It was hot, but their pool is perfect for young kids. Again, Avery was having a blast and Mack is hilarious in the water-no fear! He puts his face in and kicks his legs-swimming lessons are helping. When we got home it was time for lunch so instead of changing I pulled out our new picnic blanket and filled our tray full of food and we had an indoor picnic. It was a mess, but funny to see them sit there and eat their food.


We will continue to watch Avery and Mack and hope we never have to have a bad week again! Glad it's the weekend and we can have more time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment