Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Sunday, October 27, 2013

One Year Ago

Today is a day which changed our lives forever. 

One year ago today I was waking up early with a tired little 2 year old 
and then we were here:


 
Looking back at what has happened this year, I'm not sure how we did it, but we did.  This day (and every day) is a day to take the time to thank God for everything he has blessed us with.  He has held us together and gave us the strength to overcome our obstacles.  Today, October, 29th, will be a day that has turned into a celebration because it was a day that can't be forgotten. A day we will celebrate where we are and what we have overcome.



I added this picture to remember how little Lincoln was when we started!  He was such a baby!

 From everything we have gone through we have learned more than any experience in our lives.  This experience has brought us closer, it has shown us who is important in our lives, it has taught us to embrace the craziness, and most of all it has let us take the time as a family to be together. 
Before this happened I was the mom who had a schedule, made baby food, used cloth diapers, and only gave my kids milk and water...now I realize non of that crap matters!!! Yes, I'm still cautious of what they eat and what ingredients are in products, but having quiet time instead of nap time has made a huge difference. Having juice boxes has become a favorite and if they have ice cream for dinner, so be it! Nothing I did made a difference in what happened to Mack! What matters is everyone is safe, happy, and loving towards each other. This experience has taught us to throw a lot of rules out the door:)
 
 
Today is a celebration of MACK.  My big plan was to have a party-this changed when life got in the way.  Now we plan to spend the time being a family and praying our next year will be a success in Mack's treatment. 
October 29th

No comments:

Post a Comment