Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Monday, October 21, 2013

At Home and Nothing Planned

I have so many emotions I want to record with my little ones.  This week was a hard week.  Even though last weekend was a "little bump", I wasn't as strong as normal.  Normally we have a day to recover, but this time we had to jump right back into a normal routine.  I was very emotional.  Here I am planning a one year mark celebration and then we are back in the hospital.  I probably could have used a day at home with my three babies, but reality was work.  I love my job-I say it a lot-I get to see my kids all the time.  This week we tried to bring Avery one day and she was feeding off my emotions and was back to crying again.  So, we made the choice to keep them all home together and recover.  Even though it was a short stay at the hospital, it takes a toll on us as a family.  It was hard knowing they were all at home and not feeling better and I wasn't with them. 
 
Mark and I made a promise to our kids this weekend we weren't going anywhere with friends and we weren't having any friends over.  It was all about them.  It was what we needed after our hard week.
Lincoln at the doctors office :)
On Friday I met them at the doctors office to get Flu shots and have Mack checked out.  He has an ear infection, but otherwise is doing great! 
 
When I got home from work, we make these cute snacks.  We had a dietitian come into our class as a guest speaker and made these. 

Clementine with a celery stalk=a little pumpkin and chocolate chips in a banana=a ghost
Then, it was homemade pizzas and a movie-and some extra sibling snuggles.
The Cardinal game was on, so they got to stay up a little late and have pedicures...yes, even Mack!

Saturday morning we stayed in our PJ's (again) made an apple pie, cooked up a batch of white chicken chili and did some crafts.
If you have any wine corks-we save them for crafts-hey worked perfect for painting.
 They added leaves to their trees!




After the pumpkin patch, we came home and laid around.  Avery put on a nice show for us and everyone was asleep by 7:45!



Hopefully this week brings a new outlook.  Going to a World Series game on Saturday will help:)!

No comments:

Post a Comment