Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Summer Has Begun-Part 2

Our kick off to the summer has been full.  So full we had to take a day and just be home.  The kids are already exhausted-we will be slowing down for a little while. 
 
 I just got Mack's numbers today and they aren't looking very good.  Some time at home with some outings is just what we need!

 We did go to the Botanical Gardens in St. Louis.  This is one place we don't go to enough.  They have a fabulous kids area and the setting is peaceful.  Our kids played for a long time.




 Then they found the splash pad...good thing I had extra clothes!  Mack was really good about playing and not getting his tube wet!

When we got back home last week, we spent one whole morning out at a park.  They are getting easier and easier to take places by myself!



I had to add a picture from our date night!  It was a much needed night and we had fun being us!
After our night out we loaded the kids back up and headed to the Lake for Memorial Day weekend.  The weather was perfect and of course our kids are totally worn out!












Everyone was ready to be back out on the water.  I'm so excited to actually enjoy this summer being on the water! 


Snickers (my mom's new dog) was also worn out!




One of the days we left the boys at home to nap and headed to the pool.  Avery was so independent with her swimming and playing with her cousins.  I had to scoop her up sometimes and get my snuggles in.

This was one of our times-painting our nails blue together!  I love having a daughter!!!!




Lincoln is getting 6 new teeth all at once and is having a hard time with it.  This was one of the only times during the weekend I saw him snuggle so much!  Mom's have a special touch!


Yesterday was a day living my childhood.  We took the kids on Go Karts.  We forgot how fun they are!  Then we headed down to the "strip" and I'm pretty sure everything I played with as a little girl is still the same...it was a little gross, so we enticed them with candy from the fudge store to get them away!









Our evening and today has been spent playing games and relaxing!  Summer is here!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment