Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Thursday, May 23, 2013

And Mother's Day Came


I will be the first one to tell you I LOVE these silly "card" holidays!  Valentine's Day is my favorite, but since being a mom I love taking a day to have fun celebrating moms.  This year changed me a little bit.

We did what we do every year-headed out and got our plants for the garden and some flowers.  It was wonderful to be outside while they played.  Then after Lincoln napped we headed to the lake to celebrate my mom.  It was a nice drive because two of the kids slept and Lincoln chatted with us.

We had friends stop by to visit on their boat and had a wonderful meal.  Mark was doing everything to make it a great weekend-we just kept having some obstacles...
Like this one!  Mark was trying to clean up the kitchen while I slept and shattered a wine glass-this in turn, sliced open his finger and off he went to the ER.  My mom and I had "fun" rounding three kids up to get them ready for brunch.

Luckily, it was a BEAUTIFUL brunch and we had wonderful food and company.  I just wish we could have enjoyed it a little more.










To top the weekend off, we headed to Nanny and papa H's house to also celebrate mark's mom! I don't have the pictures from that day, so I will have to add those later.
 
My point is yes, our moms need to be celebrated, yes I like to be celebrated, but it's a "silly" holiday and why not just go outside have a beer and enjoy the outside together...or head to the spa for the day (which is what I requested for next year-less work)

Happy Mother's Day (a little late) to all the fabulous mommas out there! Especially to mine and Mark's mom for all they do and teach us!

No comments:

Post a Comment