Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Thursday, May 16, 2013

And When You're Up You're Up And When You're Down You're Down

I feel like a broken record...I feel like I write about how good life is and THEN life throws me a slap! Mack is doing great...his parents, not so much. How do you write these feelings for our memories? Doctors keep telling us it's an up and down process, but saying it is much different than living it.
I've been strong.
I've been a mom.
I've been strong.
Tonight I weep!
I weep because my son wants to run through a sprinkler and can't get "too" wet!
I weep because my son won't get to cool off at the pool this summer!
I weep because HE'S NOT GETTING BETTER AND IT BRAKES MY HEART!
I weep because he can't be like every other kid even though he looks like every other kid.
I thought all these things were going to magically change once he started his new medicine... I was wrong. How wrong was I? So wrong! Life is not going to be fun this summer-my hopes for my kids have changed. BOO!
Are you sick of all the I's? Me too! It's about Mack and now I need to suck it up and get back to being about Mack not me or I!!! Thank you for the outlet to contain my emotions! Sometimes people/humans need a little outlet. Cheers to Mack keeping us hopeful with his ball of energy and awesome personality!!!



1 comment:

  1. You are allowed to feel this way, mama! I cannot imagine what you are going through. But I offer you prayers and big hugs!

    ReplyDelete