Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

And I Thought the Worse!

It snowed here.  Normally I would be excited, but it was New Years Eve and that meant Mark had to work. 

The night before I was feeling really sad about being alone with the kids on a holiday.  It's not like we go out or have a huge party anymore, but with Mack not being able to get out as much we try hard to have fun together and that's what I was counting on.  Then I woke up pretty much hating the day.  All three were very needy and wanting to be held-this makes for a hard morning.  I love the snuggles, but when it's just you with three babies...sometimes it's overwhelming.

Then for some reason I changed the way I thought.  If I was going to be alone on this holiday it was up to me to create some memories.  I checked online for some ideas and decided we could make some fun toast, noise makers, and cut shapes out of Jell-o.  My mom thought I was being a bit ambitious and I agreed, but knew it would make the day fun.  Of course we only got to one thing "planned" and the rest of the morning was spent outside playing in the snow.

The one "planned" activity was painting toast.  I mixed food coloring with milk and gave them some paint brushes.

This guy loves to watch and jumps around like a crazy man.  Once I let him out he was free and this is what he did:
After that clean up:) we painted our morning toast.  They seemed to enjoy it.  I added some butter and Cinnamon and put them in the oven.

They must of liked them because they ate them up!
After we put Lincoln down for his morning nap (and I did a fast workout (that helped make me feel even better), we bundled up-that takes FOREVER!!! It was well worth it.  We dug in the snow with kitchen utensils, ran around, and went for rides on the sled-talk about a even better workout for me!  My camera died after these two shots.  I took some with my phone, but realized I was waisting the time with them trying to take pictures.  After a long time and two wet kids, I lured them into the house with hot chocolate and of course more coffee for me. 
So after all my "feeling sorry for myself" attitude, it ended up being a fun day!  Attitude determines everything.  Guess what?  Mark made it home by 3:00 and we had a News Years PARTY!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment