Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Winter Time and Cold Weather


 
Luckily we had a break in the weather this past weekend because we were FREEZING!!  Freezing equals many days inside and school closings.  We had a full two weeks off for Christmas break and then two snow days!  That's a lot of time together and I loved it, but some days got a little overwhelming while Mark was working all the time.
Mommy tried to be creative.  We had tea parties with Avery's new china tea set.

We did get out one afternoon to go see Frozen.  They seemed to really enjoy the movie.  I had a great time-minus Avery running out of the bathroom saying she knew where she was going and then seconds (literally seconds) coming out of the bathroom with her no where in sight!!!  I have never been that scared in a public place.  Finally, after Aunt Heidi and myself running around (me in tears) we saw a man at the end of the hallway asking if we were missing a little girl.  Sure enough she was sitting in the theater outside the bathrooms.  Not crying.  Just sitting there.  What better way to get over it?  Have her snuggle on my lap to finish the movie!  Whew scary mommy moment!
 
Before the storm, we were able to jump into our workout outfits and spend some time outside.



 
Avery has been begging to run.  I thought the best way to start was to run a mile.  She did it!  We walked and ran until she finished.  I'm so proud of her to want to do this.


When we came home Mark had hooked their sleds to the Polaris.  This was the best way to go sledding.
Then when we were stuck in the house we painted the bathtub and brought the snow inside!



We also watched a lot of movies and played with our new toys.

 
Later in the week we finally got to meet Kalen!  He will be joining our little ones during the day-not for a while, but we are thrilled to have him with our kids!



 
It is going to get cold again, but hopefully heat up this weekend!  I'm ready for nice weather because life is fun outside!











2 comments:

  1. With how crazy the move was, the Polar Vortex made me so happy to be here. I would have gone nuts in our old house. So glad the weather is better, and every day is one day closer to spring.
    P.S. Love your friend's son's name. Good choice ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so so glad you have a new home and you are getting calm. Please know I know what it's like and it's okay! I love that you're back to blogging. And yes the name is great for two great kids! Another connection!!!

      Delete