Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Friday, June 7, 2013

We Made a Jump

I'm not sure why putting Avery into dance felt so strange. It felt like another level of parenthood. We went from doing activities at home to signing her up for a class she does all by herself-this could be something she does for herself!
Now, I will be the first person to admit I'm   not a dancer. Never was. I actually really disliked it. I enjoyed cheerleading, but my passion was soccer and swimming.
As a parent I have to set my feelings aside as my parents did. Mark and I intend to enroll the kids in a lot and let them pick what they like. No one in my family swam and I loved that. Who knows maybe Avery will love dance.
For now, thanks to her Nanny, Avery was enrolled in her first dance class. She was not happy at first, but as soon as class started she did great! Her Aunt Heidi helped get her all dressed (I had a meeting) and she looked like a little doll! Seeing her dressed up made me so proud of her for trying something new and made me see it wouldn't be so bad to have a little dancer in our family! Thanks to our extended family for letting this happen. She's been asking to go again...for now we will enjoy our little girl dressed up and having fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment