Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Monday, June 17, 2013

We Keep Going


Here's a little update to explain why there hasn't been any postings since last week...

Mack was released from the hospital on Thursday afternoon! Yippee!

While we were gone, Avery and Lincoln stayed at home. It was sad to not have them, but it was nice to focus on Mack. Mark's mom helped a ton and when she wasn't with them, our babysitter was giving them extra love. I got lots of sweet pictures and they seemed happy-which made being away easier. I'm thankful we could leave them with such special people!

Mark headed back home on Wednesday afternoon to work and get back with the kids...only our newer car wouldn't start! Bad luck huh? Luckily, (after some choice words) Mark had it towed to a local dealership and got it working again. We both decided it couldn't have happened at a worse time! Thankfully he was able to borrow one of my parent's car and got back home.

Mack and I had the care of my mom. She brought us dinner and of course toys for our man. She was also there when we were released. Since the car wasn't done and we got word Lincoln had a fever, we decided to spend one more night in St. Louis. We enjoyed a yummy meal and I had some down time to comprehend what happened.

Mack and I got home on Friday. We had a very quite weekend-with the exception of Mark's parents giving us time to go to dinner. That was the one thing we needed as a couple! It never gets easy having your child go by ambulance to another hospital.

We are happy to be home now!! 

Below are pictures off my phone from the last few days:
This was our ride to St. Louis. He held my hand the whole time!
Lincoln learned to make a pouty face.
Avery and our babysitter went swimming and had a sleep over while Lincoln had his alone time with Papa h. And Nanny!
We spent Saturday morning at the farmers market with some friends and Nanny! They loved the honey ice cream and we got some yummy produce!

And then after a busy/fun Father's Day, we are all sick... Today we spent the day in our pajamas and I tried to find activities. Here is our count down to our trip-I'm hoping it helps with ,"are we going to the castles right now?" 


Hopefully it's just a silly summer cold-I have a call into Mack's doctors to make sure and we just got word one of his cultures did come back positive... I'm keeping positive thoughts because I'm sure this family can't endure much more at this point!!

No comments:

Post a Comment