Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Life Outside Of Our Bubble

We lived out of our bubble for the last few weeks. Mack was living a normal two year old life. We even got news his platelet count went up on Monday!

I said to myself on Monday he wasn't acting like himself. Then on Tuesday he woke up shivering, but no fever. I called the doctor and left a message and went on a run and by the time I came back his temp was up to 101.6. I called again and demanded to talk to someone! I was told to bring him to our local ER...

Meanwhile, our other two kids had little blisters, so I thought they had a staph infection. On top of worrying about Mack, I was trying to figure out if I should get them into a doctor! This was very overwhelming and I was trying to take care of it all by myself-how silly!!!

Mark immediately came home while our nanny-Emily-took care of getting them ready and picking up the house. I drove Mack to the ER while Mark and Emily took the other two to the doctor. They all came back fine with nothing wrong! Mack wasn't so lucky...

His fever kept going up and his doctors wanted him in St. Louis. Off we went in the ambulance! We are here now and so far he has tested positive for parainfluenza. It's a respiratory infection he got from someone else. We will be here until tomorrow if nothing else comes back positive. They have to let cultures grow for at least 24 hours. He's playing today and after two doses of Tylenol, his fever is down!

So no more living outside our bubble...except Disney next week, it's still in our plans. The doctors here have doctors there all ready!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment