Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Thursday, March 7, 2013

In Memory


My BFF from high school swooped down on Friday night to help us transistion back.  She left her one year old and soon to be three year old.  We hadn't seen each other in a year and a half when we were both preggo with our babies-we were so excited.  We weren't planning to do anything-she was coming to just be there and help with the kids.  How selfless?   She is someone I don't get to see-kind of like most of my friends from far away.

I hate living so far away from a few of my besties!!!  I am lucky that this beautiful girl has moved four hours away from me.  I have lived in this town for thirteen years (the longest I have ever lived somewhere by five years) and this was the first time I got to have her in my home.

We went to get pedicures and I was showing her around.  We had Avery with us (she was taking some of the pictures).  I LOVE having a girl to bring out with us!  It was all happy faces with some relaxation.



We even spent the day putting this new toy together for Mack.  The other two got to go to their cousin's birthday party, so I made sure he had something special to do.  Tara did most of the work.  We even pulled out the electric drill!
Miss Tara brought Mack this bin of rice and the kid hasn't stopped.  He will spend 40 minute increments playing with it.  As you can see he spends most of his time in his PJ's and we will do anything for him to eat.



But the best day that we have had in a long time was cut short.  Tara got a phone call about her mom-I don't want to add details because it's not my business to tell.  It was one of the best days that turned to one of the worst. 

Here I am going through the most challenging part of my life and she has to experience the most challenging part of her life.  As friends we are already very close and talk almost every day.  These experiences will help us understand each other.  No one should ever have to understand such pain, but the two of us have and can talk about it.

I'm so sad to not be with her this week and know she is surrounded by wonderful family.  I will be making a trip up north to Iowa City in a few weeks to be next to one special woman.  She learned to be selfless from a selfless woman who wanted her daughter to be happy with a friend.  The whole thing makes me cry for so many reasons.

Here's to always making time for the ones you love, never leaving the house mad, never going to bed mad...because in the bigger picture nothing matters!!!  Hug your babies.  Hug your lovers.  Hug your friends and NEVER let a day go by where you don't speak your feelings!  I love you Tara and I wouldn't be me or have the memories that I do if it wasn't for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment