Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day, Daddy's Day, and Papa's Day

Father's day was a little different from Mother's day...we didn't do anything with our family!  It was sad because I love showing my appreciation for others who mean a lot to me, but it was great to be at home. 

Mark deserved this day (even though he doesn't always act like he wants it) and I was happy to make a weekend of it at home.  We cooked every meal at home and did whatever we felt like doing!  Those are rare weekends-it felt good.  I am not sure I could survive with three children under three without a father like Mark.  Let me tell you a little about Mark:
He always knows when I need a break
He always plays/reads/LOVES our children
He always tells them he loves them
He always kisses them when a kiss is needed
He always gives our daughter compliments (so important for a little girl-I learned that from my mom and my dad ALWAYS told me how pretty I was)
He is always home in the evenings
He makes sure they are safe
He makes sure they have what they need
He can stay up all night with them if they need a parent (I am not good without sleep)
He embraces these times with them knowing it will go fast
That is just what I can think of off the top of my head...there is much more!

We are surrounded with good role models with Mark's dad and my dad.  They have both given us what we bring to our own children.

My dad means a lot to me-he has helped me have the confidence as a woman and been there whenever I need him. As a child, I remember wanting to make his day special. It was really hard to not be with him on this day, but we were with him in spirit and will make it up with other weekends at the lake (we hope!) With our special relationship and my memories, it has helped me appreciate and respect the wonderful connection Mark has with our children. This day (like Mother's day) is a Hallmark holiday, but I love it and so did our kids. It's nice to just have a day and honor the men in our lives!

Lincoln likes to lay outside while we grill-even when it's 90 degrees!

Yeah he sure does have Batman PJ's on and Elmo slippers!

I told Mark to let me clean up and go sit with the kids...he really did (he never does this because he wants to make sure he helps) I was happy to see him relax.

Today, we grilled and enjoyed our garden!


Our new family event...dancing!



This is our first bell pepper!
To all the fathers who deserve a day-HAPPY FATHERS DAY!  Much love to Mark, my dad (Papa), and Hiram (Mark's dad and Papa H)

2 comments:

  1. Your garden looks great! What are you growing?

    So happy you had a great and peaceful weekend... Happy Father's Day to your honey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was great. We are growing squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, eggplant, bell peppers and lots of herbs. Hopefully we can keep bugs away. Do you garden?

      Delete