Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Monday, April 30, 2012

I Owe, I Owe, It's Off To Work I Go!

Last week marked the first week back to work after having my little Lincoln.  It was hard to imagine leaving him as well as the other two (I am sure I am saying the exact thing I said after having Macklin).  It was even more challenging to imagine leaving them all alone with someone else.  I know how much work they are-would someone else be able to give them the time and patience?

When Monday rolled around I knew it was time to find out!  All my worries were quickly resolved.

I only work part time so I got to stay home until lunch, then Emily only had lunch and naps (plus all of Lincoln's needs).  We also added an extra hour on to the day so Mark and I can go running every Monday and Wednesday.  We decided to start this with everything else, so when we got home I was anxious to hear how it went.

Well...our nanny is pretty much amazing because everything went GREAT!  You want to know what else?  She LOVES my schedule!  She liked to know when to get Lincoln's bottle made and when to put him down for a nap.  And that my friends is why we have to have a schedule for all our kids-we can easily predict what comes next. 

At first I thought I was going to die from exhaustion, but by Thursday I really felt great and was happy to be back with my friends and students.  I also feel great from running!  Then this Friday was even more exciting because I had the day off (which I have off every Friday).  I conquered one HUGE task-taking them all out of the house by myself.  It was refreshing to know we CAN do it.  I got a coffee and took them to the park.  We all had fun playing on the equipment and running through the sand.  Then it was home for baths (because of the sand) and everyone got a nap (yep, even me)! 

I am not trying to say everything is perfect-far from it (as stated in the previous post), but I am trying to have a positive outlook on what is happening.  I could let myself become depressed from what is happening-there is NO time for myself.  Instead I have to look at what we can do and that everyone is happy and having fun.

A few other things have happened this week that made me realize how important it is to Cherish every moment, but how do we do that?  When life feels like a whirlwind?  That is why I love this blog, I can keep tract of all these special memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment