Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Friday, December 2, 2011

What a Day...

I know I am not the only mom who has bad days-today was one of those days.  I think my pregnancy is starting to sink into my body and I don't have the energy like I did before.  With a 2 year old that doesn't want to take her naps (and who used to be the BEST sleeper) I felt like I was going to go crazy. 

Does anyone have a child who purposely gets themselves so upset they throw up?  Avery gets so worked up and doesn't want to sleep that she will begin gagging and throw up all over her bed, blanket (tis) and pillow.  This leads to a bath followed by NO NAP!  Before I was pregnant this would have been fine because she has gotten to the point where she is fine without one (not the best, but not bad).  Now I depend on that time to clean up the house, finish laundry or to just rest.  Today she did it and I got so mad at her.

After the bath I took her downstairs and started cleaning-as I look back she is using one of her toys to help me clean and trying to help me.  I almost started to cry it was so cute!  I got a little on video, but it was too late.  I then took some time to just sit down and talk with her (and my mom who made me realize I need to take advantage of these little times).  She was so stinkin cute and cuddly!

There were no hesitations or delays in going to bed tonight and I am exhausted because Mark worked until 6:30 tonight and then went to a concert (which I got him the tickets for his birthday),  I want to make sure he has fun tonight because we all need breaks, so I am trying not to complain.

It may have been one of those days that could have been better, but it takes those days to really step back and think of them ALL as blessings.  Still it does feel better to vent a little... 

No comments:

Post a Comment