Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Monday, December 19, 2011

Homemade Gift Ideas

Are you in need of Christmas gift ideas? I have been searching for ideas because both sets of parents have a lot and can buy themselves a lot.  So this year I started with these potholders...

Then I got them ready with paint


I took each of their hand prints and placed them on the potholders.
When they were done I used fabric pens to write "Helping Little Hands" on them (sorry I don't have pictures to the final pieces.

Then my friend mentioned she was taking grocery sacks to use for wrapping paper.  I thought it would be cool to have my kids finger paint the paper...



It didn't go as well as I thought-Mack kept eating the paint and Avery didn't want her hands dirty.  They turned out really neat though.  I am going to use it to wrap whatever we make.

I will be putting more on later this week.  Our dinning room is full of projects that are not done yet!  I also don't want to give too much away before the big day.

One other gift idea we are doing for our kids (who also have everything) is taking my old jumping horse and fixing it up.  My parents have moved about 9 times with this thing and it is in wonderful condition-I can't wait to see what they think of it.  I was always on the the thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment