Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Saturday, December 24, 2011

One Last Thing...

It's Christmas Eve and we have been busy!  It is nearly noon and no one has dressed:)  What a great morning-we wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!

Below is our last big project:

I found wood, clothes pins and string at Hobby Lobby.

Avery and I painted the clothes pins silver-she loved painting them so it turned into a learning experience with colors.  She continued to paint some for herself which we will use for fine motor skills later.
Then we painted the wood black.
The tricky part was painting over the black, so Mark went to a friends and had these cool letters made.
On the back we attached hangers...
and the final project-the string is hot glued on the back!  This way both grandparents can have one to hang pictures on.

We can't wait for them to open all their special gifts!  Below are the pot holders wrapped...didn't the wrapping turn out cool?!?  This has been a new experience for Mark and I and I think he has really enjoyed figuring out how to hand make everything.  Now I just need to keep finding new ideas for future birthdays and holidays!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment