Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Monday, August 8, 2011

Two Little Pumpkins

Today was my first day back to work-it was so much fun to see everyone! I am re-inspired and excited to jump in. I thought it would be hard-and I am sure it will get hard with time-but I think being away a little bit makes me a better mom. I have the best of both worlds since I will be part time this year. I get to be with my kiddos in the morning and then be with other adults and have fun doing my job in the afternoons.
When I got home today, I had so much more energy for Avery and Mack. We played outside with Mack's new water table (for his birthday), made dinner and then Avery and I made cookies while Mack and Mark played on the swing set.
Who knew the hose could be so fun! He played with this for about 20 minutes
He let Avery only borrow it to fill the dog bowl
She sat through the whole thing and waited until they were done to enjoy one (or maybe two if you ask Mark)
This is from last week, but has become and new fun event. They get all the Tupperware out and put it on the coffee table. Then they play with it. Mark and I figure it's free entertainment!
Maybe being a working mom won't be so bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment