Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Monday, August 8, 2011

Saying Goodbye to Many Memories

Abra (my cousin), her husband and two little girls came down to the lake this past weekend. We haven't spent much time together since we both have babies and are very busy! We were talking about the Breakers (where my parents place have a condo) and how many years of memories we have there. Abra's parents had a place there from the time she was 3 years old until about high school. My parents got their place when I was in high school until this year. That equals about 27 years of memories at the lake!
WOW!
I still remember being a little girl and swimming in the same pool my babies get to swim. Having all four of kids together in the pool was neat to see. Looking at the ladders we used to do back dives off of (never letting my kids do that), the stairs where we would sit and the same furniture, I am reminded about how lucky I am to have had those opportunities and how lucky I am to have such an amazing family mixed with a variety of different people!
My memories are not only with Abra, but with all my Cousins, Aunts, and Uncles. This was always called "Hell Week" due to the amount of people that would come. I would never have had those great times with my cousins without that "Hell Week". So, it is sad to say goodbye to this place, but as I posted before we will gain new memories at the new house and Mark and I hope to start our own "Hell Week" with cousins and their kids!


Avery loved to "take care" of Khloe
These two were so fun to watch! Reminds me of Abra and I as little girls




This is what I call the life!




No comments:

Post a Comment