Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Real Halloween


 
We had a lot of Halloween celebrations this year.  The day before Halloween I read an email that said the kids could wear their costumes... at first I was against it-too much work for the morning.  It ended up being fun and Avery wanted to be a different princess.
So I braided her hair-this was something my mom always did to my hair to make it curly.
It turned out so cute!  She was excited to wake up in the morning with curls.  Then we sprayed it with glitter, put some blush on and added a dab of lipstick.  BAM a princess!  I hope she wants to be this in the future-it's easy!
Mack was a race car driver.  He was the one who wanted to wear his to school the most.  He did and even had the hat on at times.

Since Lincoln stays at home with Meme she decided to dress him up.  I had him in green pants and an orange shirt, but then Meme mentioned having a pumpkin outfit at home.  She couldn't find hers so she borrowed one from a friend.  He got to have breakfast out and come by school all dressed up-it was SO cute!



When we walked in to school I couldn't help but LOVE seeing all these kids dressed up and most of the girls were princesses!  They were all different ones.  I love how Mack and Lincoln jumped into these pictures with all the ladies.


Then at about 1:00 in the afternoon I had several missed text messages about Mack.  He had another fever.  Off Mark went to the ER.  I immediately started to cry because we were at that exact hospital the year before.  Luckily, we had our special nurse Kari to take care of him (or to stuff him full of candy!)  They gave him an antibiotic, some Tylenol and LET US GO HOME!!!  This was so rare AND we were only there for few hours.  He does however need to stay home this week.  Whatever is floating around needs to stay away from him!  Back to his bubble he goes.
We still made the choice to have Halloween.  We headed to a few neighbor's houses-they had special treats ready for our kids, but since we live in the country and only have a few neighbors, we headed to Mark's parent's house.  Here we had dinner, handed out candy, and went to a few houses to try out Trick-or-Treating.






They loved all the candy and had a fun evening.

We tried to get a family photo as usual!



Our next door neighbors had these cake pops ready.  Miss Andrea's mom is in town and was experimenting with gluten and soy free treats.  They were amazing!  Even though we don't have many neighbors we are glad we have good ones!
I am thankful we got to have this holiday!  It was fun...and now we can rest!


No comments:

Post a Comment