Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Six words

The post below has been one I've been talking about.  What a simple blog post! Simple, yet very powerful. I read a lot of blogs from other moms and they all make me think, but this one reminded me of my kids. It's so easy to get busy and give quick responses to kid's actions-that's so great or that's so cool!

Avery is really into picking out her own outfits-I'm glad she's independent, but it's usually something that I wouldn't pick out. On Thursday I went to her room to get her clothes, on the floor I saw a pair of sweat pants, long sleeve shirt , socks, undies, and a hair bow. I quickly looked at it and thought, it's going to be 80 degrees today! So, naturally I picked something else out...wrong choice! She was heart broken and noticed immediately! "But mommy I already picked my outfit out!"
It totally threw our morning off!! The next day I was walking up the stairs and walked into her room-she was picking out a bow. She was fully dressed...again it was something that wasn't great for school, but after reading this I simply stated, "Avery, I love how you got yourself dressed this morning!" She lit up! I am learning to let it go and let her have ownership over what she does.

It's from moms like this that remind us of the simple things.

http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com/2013/09/motherhood-mondays-six-words-to-say-to.html?m=1








No comments:

Post a Comment