Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Happy Times




Last week I was a little bummed about Mack, so it was nice to have a weekend with family. We spent the entire weekend outside! On Friday evening we headed to a state park. The kids loved all the stairs to hike up and the adventure of finding caves! We found one and became interested in bats! We have been looking at pictures of bats and searched outside in the evenings for bats.

 



 
It was the most perfect weather! We stayed until dusk and headed home to have a carb load for Mark-he was running in the Tough Mudder race the next day.

Saturday, we had a play date with some great friends at the park.  The kids love venturing to all the beautiful parks we have!


 
Then we hit up ANOTHER park on Sunday!  I was going to run while Avery rode her bike, but instead we all went as a family around the lake.  Avery loved ringing her bell as we passed people.


Mark went out with a friend on Monday, so the kids and I decided to explore our far back yard.  Mark made the coolest path for the kids to ride their dump truck!  This day we decided to run/walk it and play a little hide and seek.  We are very lucky that friends bought the land behind us and have opened the fence.  This allowed some new adventures in a wide open field.  Avery had no fear (I fear snakes).  Cooper has enjoyed tagging along.  I wish it would stay like this forever, but that's why seasons are so nice-so you can appreciate them as they come. 









Whenever we drive into a neighborhood Avery asks, "Is this a neighborhood?" We tell her yes and she goes into a long explanation about how she wants to move to a neighborhood and how we have lived in our house too long-like 6 months!!  These conversations are hilarious (just like when she tells me she is going to have 10 babies when she turns 6)
  I used to think this too, but looking at how much fun we have outside, there is no way!  I explain to her all the things she wouldn't be able to do-like using the restroom when your in the middle of playing outside:) and driving the dump truck all over. 
I hope she starts to see how lucky they are to have all this land!  Not sure where the whole "we need a new house" thing happened (that might have been me complaining!! haha)
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment