Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Baby Food at it's Finest



Everyday is a new day.  Some days we are using cloth diapers and some days we are making homemade baby food.  I love making baby food, but my time is limited.  Thanks to the new Baby Bullet I am able to make whatever we have around.  In the past I have used a blender and a hand held blender-I thought I was set until I received this new awesomeness!

I went to the store the other day to try and find some baby food I could just have on the shelve for when we go out...it's really hard to find food that has food plus water!  When I read about the "filler" that were put in the food, I didn't believe it! Could that really be in our babies food?  I have fed these to my other babies!  Guess what?  It was.

When it comes down to it-it takes the extra time you would go to the store to buy baby food.  When we make sweet potatoes, I bake an extra to throw in our bullet...that makes about five days worth of food.  I had two acorn squash that I couldn't find the time to cook, so I baked them and then peeled the skins off and Lincoln loves them-this has been about two weeks worth of food.  Avocados are his new favorite and bananas are always a hit and always around.  So CHEAP!!!!!

I feel like I'm preaching...sorry!  I'm just excited to share such a fun part of my children's lives and I want to show how easy it is.  I have three kiddos, work and love to have a life...yet, I can find that little time to make his food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment