Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Monday, September 5, 2011

Our New Furry Little Friend

I AM NOT a cat person! We used to have an outdoor cat named Thor and he was wonderful-he was cute and served a purpose. We never saw a mouse or had any mole problems. It was really sad when he died last year and I have thought about getting another kitty, but wanted to wait until the kids were older so it could be more exciting.

Well...I didn't have to wait long! Something happened while we were in Italy (a lot happened actually:)) The dogs went on vacation while we were gone, so I think every wild animal decided our home was their home. Bunnies were everywhere as well as a momma cat and her kitties. Ugg! She was so skinny and we are two people who feel the need to take care of any animal, so of course we started giving her food. She lost all but one baby and they now have taken up residency in our lovely shed. Now Avery is obsessed with "The Baby" and we feed them both. We also took momma cat in the vet to get her fixed so we don't have this problem. I must say the kids love them and everyday there is a new present for us to clean up out of the shed-this means less critters around our house! They are paying their keep! Last night we got some great shots of Avery and "The Baby"...
We told her to approach it slowly, so she got on her belly:)
She LOVES "The Baby"!
There is their hole-I forgot to put the rock back before we left-that is how they got in
Here is a stand off.
The things about living in the country!

No comments:

Post a Comment