Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Monday, September 5, 2011

I am IN LOVE with Fall!

We have had such a HOT summer! I don't remember the last time it was this HOT-I know that most of the country felt the heat too. It was like we were all locked in our homes (unless we were in water). This weekend we stayed home-the first in a long time without anything to do. Saturday was about 100 degrees and then a storm came in that night and we woke up to the most perfect fall weather. We ate outside on the patio and on the picnic blanket, we BBQ, we (Mark) gave tractor rides, and we just spent time as a family!
We spent Sunday morning outside cleaning all our outside water toys. The water table was full of water and Dawn soap and the other side had corn starch and water (this made more of a mess, but they loved it). They spent the whole morning in their PJ's getting dirty. We gave them more baths this weekend than they usually have in a week!
Do you see the cornstarch all over her face-it was all in Mack's hair too! They then (as a team) started digging in the garden and rubbing it all over each other's heads-that took a while to get out of the hair. Needless to say...
I AM IN LOVE WITH FALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment