Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Nail Polish...Friend or Foe?

When I was little nail polish was an issue with my mom and I. I tended to not listen to her-EVER- and would get it everywhere. Not only the nail polish, but the remover. I think I have ruined two or three of their kitchen tables and other counter tops. Yet I never learned! Even today I still am careless with it...for example: Today Mark took Mack to the doctor to figure out why he is SO cranky (it was an ear infection). Since Avery and I had some alone time I asked if she wanted her nails painted.
Of course she said yes! She is so good and sits the whole time-she is even careful afterwards to let them dry. This means she is getting closer to getting pedicures with me-YES!!!!
Then I left the nail polish in reaching distance with the lid off...
You would think at 30 years old and two kids later that I would have learned-NOPE! I came around the corner to find her bent over her toes repainting them. YIKES! I quickly stopped her and told her no...but it was too late. Look closely...
Closer...
So, my question is-is this KARMA? Nail polish...Friend or Foe?

Sorry Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment