Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Monday, May 9, 2011

Gardening with the Watsons

After many years of attempting to have a garden, we were finally successful last year. It was nice to start this year with experience under our belts. Mark built a raised bed right off our patio-we prepped and tilled up a new place to start our berry garden. I envision our children outside, getting dirty and eating fresh fruit from our apple trees and berry plants! What a fun life and great experience for my children. It was such an amazing weekend!



Avery has her own gardening bag. She really got into raking the dirt.




Yep-he ate dirt!



"Mack can you believe what daddy is doing?"




Getting kids in the dirt and exploring outside is the best thing we can do for our kids at this age. Maybe it will carry over when they get older and they won't want to be inside playing video games:) For now we can lead by example!

No comments:

Post a Comment