Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Just the Three

I've come to accept that my kids just aren't social (unless they are around their 5 cousins).  I grew up with 6 years between myself and my brother.  I thrived for time with my friends, I begged to have friends come on vacation with us, and I lived at other peoples' houses.  Not these kids.  They love to be at school with friends, but they miss each other.  They depend on each other in social situations, yet they fight when they are together too much.  They lean on each other, yet they throw each other down.  Tonight they fought...all night and when we lost "it" they came together as a team and fixed "it".
It really is just the three of them.  At the end of the day who is by your side (deep down)?  Your family/ your siblings.  This is what we truly want.  We don't want them to grow apart, we want them to naturally feel drawn to each other-this IS happening before our eyes.  There is no silly competition between each other, there is no animosity towards each other, there is love that only siblings can understand.  They are growing up together and they are a team which I hope unites them for as long as they live!
  Mark and I will except they don't want others, they want each other. 

I find them snuggled all the time!  Just cuddled up.  I don't always capture it because I want to embrace it.

Here they are at school.  They aren't always together, but they have the option to be.

Lincoln cries most days we leave in the morning.



They love and  adore our extended family including our friends!  Baby Charlotte is their new obsession!  

It's a family that makes them happy and I'm okay with that.  If their friends are their cousins YIPPEE  we have done a great job embracing our family!  Here is to our Crittenden/Watson Family!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment