Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Sunday, September 14, 2014

I Just Can't Wait To See GOD

We were blessed enough to watch the baptism of our good friend's baby-Celine and Mike's little Charlotte.  As we got out of the car at church Mack loudly said, "I just can't wait to meet GOD!" I tried then to explain that this is a place to worship GOD and we can see him in our thoughts, but as soon as we entered the chapel he asked where he was.  Wow, what a hard concept to explain to a 4 year old.  It made me sad we haven't been taking them to church.

When Mack was first sick, we couldn't go because he couldn't be around others.  Now we are trying to figure out where we want to go, but this experience made me realize we have to go!  Mark and I grew up going to Sunday school and they should have that same experience.  Thank you Celine and Mike for inviting us to be a part of your family's special day.  It is a beautiful ceremony seeing your child be baptized and now we need to do a better part as parents to provide them with an education about GOD.

We had many more questions as the service was going on.  They wanted to know if GOD wrote the Hymns.  It was a long time for them to sit, but the congregation loved seeing children attend and were happy to have some extra noise!  
The church was a tiny little church at the Lake, we had to step outside for air and were able to get some cute pictures of the three of them.
Double family photo.

I love the title of this post.  Mack your mind and questions are so refreshing.
Congratulations baby Charlotte!





No comments:

Post a Comment