Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Saturday, May 31, 2014

A New Place in our Journey

Life got really busy there and the excitement was high in our house.  We started Memorial Day weekend off with my family supporting me in running my first half marathon.  It was a hard 12 weeks of training and my husband supported me through the entire thing giving me all the time I needed to fulfill this goal of mine.  I took this journey with my friend Lindsey and couldn't have done it alone.
 I started the race with hundreds of other woman as we hit mile 3 I started to get really emotional when Mark surprised me with the kids waiting on the side holding signs.  What a great sight!  I thought he would only be at the half way mark and then the end... nope!  He had them placed throughout my race.

the boys surprised Avery and I with flowers.

Since starting my training, I envisioned my daughter crossing the finish with me.  I'm not sure why, but I think I figured it out when I saw her waiting for me-stretching and getting into a running position.  Since starting my training she has been begging to run.  The feeling of crossing with her was one I will remember.  My hope is to pass this lifestyle to her!

We immediately packed the car up and headed to the lake!  The kids were ready for some fun!

This picture was one of my favorite-my Aunt Sharon loves Oke-Doke Popcorn and it became a staple at the lake.

This summer is different.  There is no rushing out and getting back before naps.  In fact we didn't even get to the pool until 12:30.  We ate, swam and relaxed.

Then we took a slow ride home where they all napped.  It makes life much easier!
On Monday our real journey began.  We drove to St. Louis for Mack's central line to be removed.  We met up with my brother's family and enjoyed a night celebrating this amazing thing...I'm not going to lie and say there wasn't a lot of anxiety from Mark and I, but we tried to relax. 

Mark and I got up at 4:00 a.m. to make sure he took his medicine and then left the house a little before 6:00 a.m.  We got there and they moved him along.  He left us at 7:30 and we had him back with us by 8:00!

They scheduled an hour which made us a little nervous...

But instead he woke up as if wakening from a nap.

He was so great when we got home and bouncing off the walls, we had to get him out.  My mom suggested running to the zoo for a short while to walk around. 

It was the best idea!  We spent over 2 hours there.

And hit the train.  They sat in the back to say, "All Aboard!" over the speaker.

We put them back in the car and headed home!  What an experience.  We had built it up so much and in the end it was fine.  Our family has a lot of important people around us not doing well and I think that caused a lot of anxiety with Mack.  This little dude woke up and said, "Mommy, it feels so good with out my Tubbie!"
Our new place in our journey has begun...up next-life without tubbie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment