Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Monday, November 14, 2011

There is Always Something Entertaining us at Our House

Just when I think our lives are quite...
something always happens to make us laugh! 

Avery LOVES to put on my shoes.  This night it was my new boots.  I love that she has learned to smile for the pictures!

Avery has learned to clear the table when we are finished eating-this has been very nice and she has been teaching Mack (although he is NOT allowed to carry the real plates-we found that out the hard way when he purposely threw a bowl to the ground).  This morning she was clearing the table while I was at the sink.  I heard Mack scream and knew she had taken his food away-when I told her he wasn't done, she crawled up in the chair and began spoon feeding him his yogurt.  The funny part was he let her!  They were both happy-what an amazing connection they have.  Last week, I took them to the library and they would not have anything to do with any of the other kids!  It was them playing and wrestling together (yep, we were those people who had to leave story time).  Mark and I are glad they have begun to play together and realized they have a playmate for life!  We try to remind ourselves this when things get a little bit overwhelming!

Buddies for life!  Just think of what fun they will have with the next baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment