Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Crafts and Snacks


I haven't allowed myself time to craft in a long time, but with my dad's birthday coming up I finally had a great idea!  Spending time creating made me realize how much I love to make things. 

Everyone has been talking about Pinterest and I have been using it since I decided to take on the photography aspect of our kids-it really is an amazing site to get amazing ideas. 

This year was my dad's 60th birthday and I felt it needed more than a store bought gift, so I decided to make a family tree.  My brother had been working with ancestry.com.  This gave me a lot of information to work with.  I used Pintrest to gather ideas and my best friend Celine to help me.  Together we stated the title to this blog: Crafts and Snacks.
She helped me cut out all the leaves-we started with one template so they were all the same size (not sure why this picture looks yellow, but they were different shades of green-female and male).  The paper I used was scrap booking paper
I found this great family sign in the dollar bin at Michael's!  It went perfect with my colors.

Mark came to help and Avery and Mack loved all the things to look at and play with at Miss Celine's house

Can you tell I take a lot of pictures?  He is smiling for me!

We finished our project at home due to time.  This morning was spent making cards for papa-I don't have pictures of the cards they made for Mark with our new Nanny, but they are so cool!  Turkeys with their hand prints.

They both have a craft shirt and know when they have these on they can get as messy as they want.  Someday I will get around to letting them decorate their shirts.

Here is the final product!  I LOVE the way it turned out-the tree was the hardest part, but once I decided to not worry about each generation it worked.  Then all I had to do was organize the leaves the way I wanted.


The leaves on the ground are family members dating back to the 1800's!  I hope this is something we keep for a long time for our kids to look at. 

This gives me all new ideas and perspective on Christmas gifts-let the crafting begin!  If you are interested let me know:)

No comments:

Post a Comment