Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Sunday, April 24, 2011

These are Some Good Times...

Does the title remind you of a song? "These are some good times, take a good look around" by Trace Adkins! I love this song not only for my kids, but for myself. Life tends to get crazy around our house and the daily tasks can consume you. Then, I take a step back and realize I AM going to miss this! These times are so precious and I will always remember them. Sometimes having two babies 12 months apart can look like craziness, but really it is so much fun and I wouldn't have it any other way!

This weekend was Easter and we headed to my parent's lake place. My brother and sister-in-law were heading to her parents and Mark's family had been through a lot this week, so we decided to head to lake and get away and try something different with my parents and brother Matt. The lake brings back so many childhood memories and I want my kids to have their own memories as well. We arrived Friday night (even though the tornado sirens were going off) and settled in. On Saturday morning my dad made us reservations at their club for brunch. The sun came out and we had such an amazing time. Well...minus the Easter bunny showing up. We were all sitting at the table enjoying our food when suddenly Avery starts screaming-these were not sad tears-these were tears and screams of fear! When we looked around we saw the Easter bunny! I didn't know if I should laugh or cry-cry because she was truly scared! Luckily super dad scooped her up and removed her from the evil bunny:)

Later they had an egg hunt so Avery got to try hunting for the first time. She was more interested in picking up eggs and giving them to other children. After all that excitement it was time to head back for naps!





Grandma shared her desert!



Papa is very good at entertaining Macklin



It begins...

Wait...photo opportunities with the golf course behind us






FINALLY!!! Pictures of the two of them with both faces!


Love this one


Mark was good at getting her to hunt!


Again...these are some good times and I will miss this!



















No comments:

Post a Comment