Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Sunday, April 10, 2011

At Home Healthy Meals

May 1, 2011 : 1 can of Rotel, 1 lb of turkey meat and 1 cup of brown rice.

*cook meat

*put in Rotel and dried rice

*let it cook!




April 14, 2011


Crock Pot Idea:


1 can of corn


1 can of black beans


1 jar 10 oz salsa


4-5 frozen chicken breast


Throw all of this in crock pot for 5 to 6 years


then add one small tube of plain greek yogurt


April 9, 2011 I know for many other moms, cooking when you work full time takes a lot of energy. Add all the other things to do in life and there is no time. I have been on the look for fast, but healthy meals! I still have a great deal to lose after my babies and learned that what you eat is 80% of the process to losing weight. YIKES! So when you don't have time everyday to be working out, this becomes even more important. I want to have a place to add recipes and would love to hear from other people!





BBQ Pulled Chicken Sliders (taken from Cooking Light Magazine March)


1/2 cup no-salt-added ketchup


1 tbl dark brown sugar


1 tbl cider vinegar


1 tsp chili powder


1/2 tsp garlic powder


1/2 tsp onion powder


1/2 tsp dry mustard


1/2 tsp smoked paprika


1/2 tsp ground cumin


1/2 tsp allspice


2 cups shredded boneless chicken breast (I cooked up two breast the night before when making something else-that way it was all ready)


8 1.3 ounce sliders mini buns (I used the whole grain flat buns 100 cals)


dill of bread and butter pickles


1) Combine all 10 ingredients in saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer-stir. Add chicken and cook 2 min.


2) spoon on chicken mixture on buns and add pickle chip!




This takes about 20 min and was so good! I made Brussels Sprouts and salad (dressing: Dijon Mustard, balsamic vin., Splenda, olive oil, salt and pepper, and fresh basil)

No comments:

Post a Comment