Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Thursday, March 3, 2011

30th Surprise!

Well my 30th birthday continued for over a week! First it was St. Louis, dinner alone with my husband, then the actual day which was fabulous, and a party on Saturday. This past Sunday the Watson side gave me another celebration and I wish I had a picture of the cake! Jane had this beautiful cake made-purple with white polka-dots topped off with a white bow (made of white chocolate). They also showered me with a plethora of gifts! I am very thankful!



The biggest surprise of all was the day of my party. Celine came over early, because evidently Mark couldn't deal with me:) (I was stressing about the party), she helped clean my entire house PLUS set everything up! Yes, she is a WONDERFUL friend. She had flowers, balloons, and food all set up.






Celine kept rushing me all day to hurry and get ready. I was wondering why I would have to get ready when I had so much time. But then Mark came home from running errands and ran upstairs. Celine and I were in my room getting ready and the doorbell rang. As I go outside...Robyn was on my porch! She has the video of the whole thing. It was so emotional! Robyn is my best friend from college and has since moved down to Mississippi. We had just gotten to a place in our lives where we were both moms and even got to be pregnant together, so it has been hard having her so far away. I enjoyed every minute I had with her and love everyone involved in the surprise (including my amazing husband who did everything for me and made the event special-I love you)

What amazing friends I have! The whole celebration turning 30 was the best!


So, this a song by Bruno Mars and I love it! It really makes me think of all the great friends I have and how lucky I am! Thank you to all the greatness that surrounds me!

If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea,
I'll sail the world to find you
If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see,
I'll be the light to guide you

Find out what we're made of
When we are called to help our friends in need

You can count on me like 1 2 3
I'll be there
And I know when I need it I can count on you like 4 3 2
And you'll be there
Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah

Woooooooh, Woooooooh
Yeah, Yeah
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/b/bruno_mars/count_on_me.html ]
If you're tossing and you're turning and you just can't fall asleep,
I'll sing a song beside you
And if you ever forget how much you really mean to me,
Everyday I will remind you, ohh

Find out what we're made of
When we are called to help our friends in need

You can count on me like 1 2 3
I'll be there
And I know when I need it I can count on you like 4 3 2
And you'll be there
Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah

Wooooooh, Wooooooh
Yeah, Yeah

You'll always have my shoulder when you cry
I'll never let go, never say goodbye

You know you can count on me like 1 2 3
I'll be there
And I know when I need it I can count on you like 4 3 2
And you'll be there
Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah

Oohhhh, ohhhhh
You can count on me cause I can count on you

No comments:

Post a Comment