Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep. – Ruth Hamilton

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Total Mom Makeover

A friend from high school (who has four children) suggested a book to me last week. I love getting suggestions from fellow moms and wish I heard more! The way she talked about it "changing" her was very inspiring. I looked it up on Amazon and ordered it (it was only 6 dollars). It arrived on thursday and because life is always busy I just sat down to read a little today. After reading the first part I asked a few people to join me in reading this book-I would love to get more people as well! So far I have had positve feedback from the few I asked:) I am excited and and I am even more excited to share some of the "changes" that I hope will happen.

The book is called, "Total Mom Makeover" written by Hannah Keeley. She starts of the book by explaining her situation-living in sweat pants, not losing those last few pounds...and I especially liked when she talked about how times have changed with moms. Our grandmothers were able to focus there time and energy into their homes and children, while our mom's were having to explore life outside the home (at times) and now us! We have so much to balance (even if you stay at home) times have changed and I want to make the most out of being a mom! My favorite line so far that has inspired me was "A total mom is a woman who is changing the face of homemaking and motherhood. Caring for her home and family is not something she does on the side. It is a priority for her, and she loves what she does. She is smart, energetic, powerful, confident, balanced, and sexy. She doesn't sit around and wait for things to happen. She MAKES things happen!"

Isn't that refreshing? Well this is a six week adventure and we shall see where things go. On top of this I am planning on embarking on another adventure-running. The first 5K race is on March 26th-Mark and my parents have been very energetic about working out, so I don't think it will be hard to do. Wish us luck!

Here is Hannah Keeley's website: http://hannahkeeley.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment